Marry in the Morning
Here are some good reasons to consider a.m. nuptials:
- Saturday evening venues book up quickly. Not so with Saturday or Sunday mornings. And they tend to be more affordable.
- Take advantage of this hot new wedding trend: dressed up breakfast foods! (Or choose a more traditional champagne brunch. How elegant.)
- The right venue filled with natural morning light is stunning. Not to mention the photos.
- Morning florals can be lighter and more affordable as well.
- Put your man in a formal morning coat and top hat to go with your formal dress. Or get casual. There are no rules for a morning wedding.
- Dance! If you want to dance, go for it. This is your day.
Let It Snow
Have you considered a winter wedding?
- What is more dramatic than a velvet wedding dress? Or a gown trimmed with faux fur?
- Décor. Evergreens? Birch branches or white twinkle lights? Holly berries? Red ribbon? White linens and our red velvet chairs? Simply. Stunning.
- Winter white with gold chiavari chairs. Need we say more?
- Consider a canopy of stars or snowflakes using lighting effects.
- Trays and trays of holiday cookies. So sweet.
- And ice carvings. Of course.
A Friday evening wedding opens up some very interesting possibilities.
- Invite your guests to come in business casual attire, right from work.
- Add baskets of popcorn or tortilla chips and salsa to the tables.
- Invitations might include references to “The happiest hour of our lives.”
- Enjoy the availability of more venues—at lower prices.
- Bring in a band and rock the house!
- Bar food for dinner? Why not? For example, our menu includes a killer South of The Border Buffet that’s perfectly wonderful paired with margaritas. Or talk to us about your own custom Friday night menu. Wings and burgers perhaps?
- Consider having your wedding at the Michigan Union and invite guests to play pool or ping pong with the locals in our Billiards Room.
- Or set up a games room and bring in foosball, pinball or air hockey.