Marry in The Morning
Here are some good reasons to consider a.m. nuptials:
- Saturday evening venues book up quickly. Not so with Saturday or Sunday mornings. The Michigan Union and the Michigan League offer lower room rates as well as lower food/beverage minimums.
- Take advantage of this hot new wedding trend: dressed up breakfast foods! (Or choose a more traditional champagne brunch. How elegant.)
- The right venue filled with natural morning light is stunning. Not to mention the photos.
- If you want to go ultra-formal, consider a morning coat and top hat for the groom. Or get casual. There are no rules for a morning wedding
- Dance! If you want to dance, go for it. This is your day.
Let It Snow
Have you considered a winter wedding? Ask us about our food and beverage minimums. They’re lower from November through April!
- What is more dramatic than a velvet wedding dress? Or a gown trimmed with faux fur?
- Décor. Evergreens? Birch branches or white twinkle lights? Holly berries? Red ribbon? White linens and our red velvet chairs? Simply. Stunning.
- Winter white with gold chiavari chairs. Need we say more?
- Consider a canopy of stars or snowflakes using light effects. (The arched ceiling at the Michigan League is especially beautiful!)
- Trays and trays of holiday cookies. So sweet.
- And ice carvings. Of course.
More and more couples are choosing Friday evenings for their nuptials and all of the wedding frills are available – some at reduced rates. But Fridays offer some non-traditional possibilities.
- Enjoy the availability to more venues at lower prices. Friday night weddings at the Michigan Union and Michigan League mean lower room rates as well as lower food and beverage minimums.
- Invite your guests to come in business casual attire, right from work.
- Add baskets of popcorn or tortilla chips and salsa to the tables.
- Invitations might include references to “The happiest hour of our lives.”
- Bring in a band and rock the house!
- Bar food for dinner? Why not? Our catering menu includes a fabulous South of the Border buffet. Or how about a BBQ buffet? Marrying on a football weekend? Consider one of our tailgate buffets.
- Bring in a photo booth and encourage a bit of silly fun.
- Consider our customizable late-night snacks!!
Rehearsal Dinners and More
No need to restrict your wedding festivities to the day of. Consider the Michigan League or Union for:
- Engagement Parties
- Bridal or Couples Showers
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Day-after Wedding Brunch (A lovely touch for your out-of-town guests)
- Anniversary Celebrations