We’re looking forward to your stay on the University of Michigan campus. Here’s everything you need to know to make your visit comfortable.
Your room includes an XL twin bed, dresser, desk and desk chair. Also included is a full bathroom, window treatments and nearby laundry facilities. Your kitchen includes a stove/oven and refrigerator.
What to Bring (Recommended)
- Personal Items: Toiletries, including soap, shampoo, hand soap, shaving supplies, etc.
- Kitchenware: Pots, pans, dishes, glasses, silverware, etc.; a small microwave
- Miscellaneous: A small reading lamp for your desk, fan, clothes hangers, iron, clothes basket or laundry bag, television and laptop
- Clothing: suggestion to have warm, cold and wet gear
What NOT to Bring
- Hotplates, popcorn poppers, toaster ovens, grills (e.g. George Foreman or similar), fryers or any appliance with exposed heating elements
- Candles, kerosene lanterns or heaters
- Powerful sound systems or stereos (A personal system with headphones is fine.)
- Wireless access points (routers, AirPorts, etc.)
- Waterbeds or mattresses (We provide mattresses and box springs and they cannot be removed.)
- Halogen lamps
- Fireworks, firearms and other weapons
- Concrete blocks, bricks or other similar items
Restrictions and Cautions
The office of Conference and Event Services assumes no responsibility for the security of personal property. You must adhere to all Federal, State and Local laws while on campus. Smoking is prohibited in all property owned by the University and Medical Center including vehicles and property leased by the institution, campus grounds, parking lots, garages, plazas and courtyards. The University’s smoke free policy includes, but is not limited to, cigarettes, tobacco, and devices such as e-cigarettes, pipes and vaporizers.