Student Booking Policies
While the Union is closed for renovation and fewer meeting and event spaces are available, we’ve adjusted student booking policies at the Michigan League and Pierpont Commons to accommodate student organization needs. If you need any assistance with room bookings, email email@example.com.
These policies are in effect for events occurring Fall and Winter semesters between September 4, 2018 to December 20, 2019. (Standard booking policies apply during Spring and Summer semesters.) Once you have reviewed these policies, reserve your space through EMS, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 764-2000.
SPECIAL NOTE: Another option for holding your event is Palmer Commons. For additional information, please go to the Palmer Commons website, or contact the helpful staff via email: email@example.com or phone: (734) 615-4444.
Between Pierpont Commons and the Michigan League, each registered student organization can schedule:
- Up to 30 hours per semester in free meeting rooms (in 1-hour increments)
- Up to 50 hours per semester in charged meeting rooms (minimum 2-hour event)
When space is available, additional meetings can be scheduled:
- within 30 days of the event date at the Michigan League
- within 60 days of the event date at Pierpont Commons
The following rooms can be set up according to specific requests. Rooms marked with asterisks (*) have room configuration limitations depending on the time of your event—see below.
- Blagdon Room
- Conference Room 2
- Conference Room 4*
- Conference Room 6
- Henderson Room*
- Koessler Room*
- Room A
- Room B
- Room C
- Room D*
- Vandenberg Room
*If your event occurs after 6:00 pm Sunday through Thursday, you are limited to the specified setup in the following rooms. This eliminates prep time and helps us accommodate more student organization meetings.
- Conference Room 4: Boardroom for 20
- Henderson Room: Auditorium for 80 + head table
- Koessler Room: Boardroom for 30
- Room D: Auditorium for 50 + head table